Graduate Studies at the Department
The PhD program at the Department of Photochemistry and Molecular science is an integral and important part of its research activities. The aims of the PhD program and research activities are:
- To produce scientific results of both fundamental scientific and social significance at the highest international level
- To promote scientists at all levels to develop as independent, creative and critical researchers
The general aims and requirements of post-graduate programs at the faculty of science and technology are described in the study plan for post-graduate studies:
Study plan for postgraduate studies -Swedish
Study plan for postgraduate studies - English
Utbildning på forskarnivå vid teknisk-naturvetenskaplig fakultet - Swedish
Postgraduate studies at the Faculty of Science and Technology - English
Post-graduate studies are carried out in a research group.Three research programs are available in the department.
If you're interested in the research of some particular group, please contact that group directly! Admission requirements:
- BSc or MSc degree in chemistry or some closely related subject
- Acceptance by one of the research groups
When these two criteria are fullfilled, the formal admission requires the following forms to be filled in by the post-graduate student, the supervisor, the subject professor and the head of department.
- Admission form (pdf)
- individual plan of study (In Swedish with English notes (word))
- Försättsblad (Cover sheet)
- The FotoMol Manual
- The FotoMol Safety Manual
- Handbok för forskarutbildningen (in Swedish)
- Arbetsplatsintroduktion (in Swedish)
The Post-graduate student has to take a number of courses as part of their training. Courses are chosen together with the supervisor so suit individual research profile.
Graduate Courses in The Department
Other Graduate Courses
- Courses at Biochemistry
- Courses at Organic chemistry
- Courses at the Department of Physical and Analytical Chemistry
- Courses at Materials Chemistry
- Handbook for postgraduate students
- Faculty check list for licentiate examination (in Swedish)
- Faculty check list for PhD examination (in Swedish)
Director of Graduate Studies
Anders Thapper is responsible for administration and development of the Post-graduate studies at the Department of Photochemistry and molecular science.